Past: Youth Mental Health First Aid!
Cape Girardeau Public Library Oscar Hirsch Room
LEARN HOW TO SUPPORT THE YOUNG PEOPLE IN YOUR LIFE
Youth Mental Health First Aid teaches you how to identify, understand and respond to signs of mental health and substance use challenges among adolescents ages 12-18. You’ll build skills and confidence you need to reach out and provide initial support to young people who are struggling. You’ll also learn how to help connect them to appropriate support.
AFTER THE COURSE, YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
Join the more than 2.6 MILLION First Aiders who have chosen to be the difference in their community.
• Recognize common signs and symptoms of mental health challenges, including anxiety, depression, eating disorders and attention deficit hyperactive disorder (ADHD).
• Recognize common signs and symptoms of substance use challenges.
• Understand how to interact with a young person in crisis.
• Know how to connect a young person with help.
• Better understand trauma, substance use, self-care and the impact of social media and bullying.